Thursday, February 17, 2011

What a...

...gorgeous day it is outside. With the temperature at 55 degrees, it is positively balmy. I am torn between absolute enjoyment of how beautiful it is and horror because it's only February. It should NOT be this warm in February!! But I can't bring myself to be too horrified because, as I keep saying, it is GORGEOUS out.

I had two voice lessons this week, one to make up for the first lesson that we missed due to snow, and then my regular lesson this morning, though this morning we got to start at 10:30 instead of 9:30 which was VERY nice. I really do sing better one hour later. Anyhow, today's lesson went really well, as did everything else, though I am slightly worried, because I've been procrastinating since this morning. I did get my Music Theory homework done in a very short period of time, and have done at least half the work for Latin, but I still have Anglo-Saxon and the rest of Latin to do tonight... and really, I just want to watch my History documentary that I got from Netflix... or draw...

Here are some artistic things I've done lately:

I made some conformation errors on him, especially in the area of his withers and upper neck...but overall, I'm pleased





And other than that, I've not really been able to write, alas. BUT, oh well. I really am enjoying my classes, so it's not the end of the world.

Let's see... the highlights of this week...

Monday... there weren't really any, but it wasn't a bad day, per say. Just normal. Actually, not strictly true. I had a fantastic meeting over tea with my prayer partner, and we read another section of James, and it really is quite remarkable that last semester, before all of this happened, I chose James, because it's actually scarily relevant right now.

Tuesday I had the first voice lesson this week, and it went alright. I didn't know about the lesson till very shortly before, so I didn't have time to warm up before hand, which really made a difference, and I wasn't as good as usual, but I still learned some important stuff, and worked a bunch on learning how to belt.
 Other than that... Music Theory was canceled, and we spent more time on the observation deck at astronomy, AND got an extension for one of the pieces of homework, so that was pretty cool. I also discovered that I am starting to get to know my winter constellations pretty well, which is exciting! I LIKE knowing what I'm looking at, darn it! (Summer constellations never seem to stick in my head as well, which is really a shame, given that one would be so much more comfortable spending a lot of time looking at them, baring mosquitoes.)

Wednesday was Anglo-Saxon and Latin, and both went well, though nothing particularly interesting to report... except that I got a really good grade on my vocab quiz in Latin, so that was nice!

And then there was today, which I've already talked about.

This weekend, hopefully my friend Anna will come visit (she graduated last year, and lives about half an hour away) and show pictures and stories from her trip to Harry Potter World, and I intend to go see at least ONE showing of "Tangled" of the two that are playing at school, and I am going to watch "Pirates of the Caribbean" with Rachel (we watched the first two last weekend), so it should be a lot of fun, and a good break from studying.

I also watched the first episode "Who Do You Think You Are" Season II, and it was quite interesting, as usual, and I will definitely be watching the other ones... eventually. Well, I have to head off to eat dinner before I go to archery, so that's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment