Friday, February 4, 2011

maybe next week...

...we'll have a full week of school! After all, we got through this week... with the exception of Wednesday... but now they have all the snow already on the ground under control, and it was actually sunny almost all day long...

I started the day with a horribly early voice lesson, and this lesson my first one back after being sick all break. I wasn't nervous, per se, but I was apprehensive about the earliness of the hour. It actually went quite well though, and I'll be singing Caro mio ben (of course nowhere near as well as Bartoli sings it, and possibly not quite in the same register, but oh well), When Daisies Pied, and Oct's Ave Maria, and oh dear, apparently I have the wrong book of Soprano Solos! Of course, I only just now realized this. I honestly don't know how I manage to get good grades while being this scatter brained. It's really quite a marvel that I haven't done the wrong homework more often or forgotten it in my room, etc...

Speaking of being scatterbrained, some of you had expressed an interest in seeing what my room looked like, so here are some pictures from the beginning of the semester.

Wow the desk is a mess. This semester there are no books on it. I have hidden them.

You see those post cards? They're lonely. They need some new friends. *hint hint*


Yes, I like Lord of the Rings. Why do you ask?

My roommate's side of the room. Hers looks a bit different now as well.


*sigh* Today was really one of those days that went on forever, which was really odd and rather disconcerting, because I'd think, "Oh, surely it has been twenty minutes at least since I last looked at the clock, and then I'd look, and it would only have been five. Annoying. Very annoying. And it kept happening. After my voice lesson and work (during which time I made a very feeble stab at doing my Latin homework) I had Music Theory, which continues to be interesting but mostly review (though I have no doubt it will get complicated in a few weeks, give or take...

 Some things I'm looking forward to in the next few weeks
  1. no more snow days (please, weather!!! NO MORE SNOW FOR A WHILE!!)
  2. Watching Avatar at some point
  3. More voice lessons!
  4. Going to the Contra Dance on Saturday
  5. Going through the book of James with my friend/prayer partner from CF (Christian Fellowship)
  6. Helping Professor Polanichka (hereafter known as Professor P.) organize/catalog the books in her office.
This last should not only be fun, but will also, besides earning me a few extra bucks, supply me with a huge list of books that I'll end up having to add to my list of things to buy when I have money. I seem to follow the policy of:
"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes." ~Erasmus
 Needless to say this should probably stop before I graduate college so that I can buy food and clothes before I buy books, but books are so fantastically wonderful!

I really should go to the gym, but have been really rather unmotivated, perhaps because my gym buddy graduated, but there, now I've said it, and now I'll have to do it because I said I would.

And on that really random note, I shall stop, even though I didn't say anything about this evening. Clearly I am too tired, as I am rambling. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment