Wednesday, January 26, 2011

First day back...

...and they've already declared tomorrow a snow day. I am officially disappointed. I was really looking forward to the first meeting for my Ancient Astronomies class, and curious to see how much Music Theory I was going to annoy me, and now, I'll have nothing to do. :-(  I suppose I should be grateful, because it gives me a chance to see how much Latin I've forgotten, and to translate those 52 lines of Beowulf... but still!! This is a vexing turn of events. On the plus side, the view out my window is kind of pretty!




Beowulf class should be the best thing since... well... last semester's Tolkien class, and if I can manage to keep up with the translation, this should be epic. Small class + Professor Drout + Anglo-Saxon = AWESOME, no matter WHAT.

Well, I should probably go back to my Latin homework. I have the same professor I've had for the last year and a half and taking comedy with her should be heaps of fun because she has this wonderful dry sense of humor... if the actual language itself doesn't kill me first... That saying

"Latin is a dead language, as dead as it can be,
First it killed the Romans, and now it's killing me"

is sadly appropriate. I am not amused. At least, not yet. I also can't seem to be able to escape "The Comedy of Errors" as Plautus' Menaechmi is, in fact, Shakespeare's inspiration. So if Latin itself doesn't kill me, the Menaechmi might.

In other news, reigning Horse of the Year, Zenyatta, is going to be bred to Bernardini.

No comments:

Post a Comment