Friday, July 1, 2011

Of Jury Duty, Doctor Who and Sherlock

Well, it's been a while, and since it's been SUCH a while, I actually have some mildly interesting things to talk about.

I'm on jury duty this month, which is really fascinating, though I can't actually say more than that. (Just heightens the interest and mystery, don'tcha think?) I'm not all together sure why I was dreading it so very much for months, because now, while I certainly wouldn't want to do it forever, I feel like it's something I'm good at. I'm good at listening dispassionately and forming opinions on what I hear and acting on those opinions in a reasonable manner, which is nice to know. It's a good piece of information to tuck away at the back of my brain for those moments when I feel like I'm not good at anything useful.

My brilliant plan for reading and reading and becoming quite history savvy is failing rather spectacularly as every time I pick up Sir Frank Stenton's Anglo Saxon England I inevitably lose interest and wander off... usually to the world of TARDISes and addresses such as 221B Baker Street... SIDETRACKED!! I'M GETTING SIDETRACKED!! I really am a horrible student sometimes... I'm also in the middle of at least five other books... none of I'm making much headway in... it's really quite dreadful!

I blame it all on Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes.  But I can't be too upset about it, as they continue to supply me with endless amounts of entertainment, and cheer me up without fail EVERY TIME I WATCH THEM.  So yes. Hooked. Darn the Brits and their BRILLIANT TV shows...

Well... that's about it... I do realize that's not horribly interesting. Sorry, folks!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment