Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Land of Fire and Ice

Or at least, that is what my brain has taken to referring to Iceland as. We didn't see any of either while we were there, but that is rather besides the point.


We didn't actually get to see that much since we arrived at midnight, slept till nine thirty and left at one. But we walked to Hallgrímskirkja which is the tallest church in Reykjavik. We also went to Háteigskirkja, which was also quite beautiful, but not quite as visually impressive as Hallgrímskirkja.


We ended up bailing on the National Museum, which had originally been part of the plan. We stayed at Hotel Floki, in a teeeeeeeeeeeeny tiny room in which two beds, a desk, a sink and a wardrobe took up so much space that there was barely room to get out of the door. But it was cute and the beds were comfortable, so it was all good.I took a bunch of pictures, including some from the plain window as we flew over Greenland (which was certainly NOT green...), but it's late, and I'm tired, so I'll post them tomorrow along with a bit more of a substantial post, maybe. 


We're heading to OXFORD IN THE MORNING. Pardon me while I go freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment